• Computer Internet stations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Users are required to sign in at the library’s front desk. Time is limited to 45 minutes if others are waiting.
• Parents of children under the age of 18 years must assume complete responsibility for their child’s use of the computer Internet stations.
• Users should be aware that the Internet and its available resources may contain controversial or incorrect information. The Library is not responsible for censoring access to Internet materials, validating Internet information, or for protecting users from offensive matter.
• Computer Internet stations should be used in a manner similar to other information resources at the Richmond Public Library. Patrons who use the library’s computers for illegal or unethical purposes will lose computer privileges and may have their library privileges revoked.
• The Richmond Public Library assumes no responsibility for any damages, direct or indirect, that may arise from patrons using the computer Internet stations.
• Internet Usage Policy does not allow games, gambling, or pornography.
• Any use of the Library’s network (wired or wireless) must be in accordance with the Library’s Internet and Online Access Policy and the associated Procedures and Guidelines.
Persons signing this form acknowledge that they have read, understood, and will comply with these policies.
Users under the age of 18 must have parental consent.
Approved February 3, 2016
Reviewed and approved March 1, 2017